IBEW Local 743 TRAINING
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN IBEW 743 JATC APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED IN THE WINTER OF 2023; please feel free to apply on this website in advance of our active application intake (December 1, 2023 through March 31, 2024) and you will be notified of the aptitude test date when intake commences in the Fall. In addition to applying online you must forward either your high school / GED / college transcript indicating a passing grade in Algebra to the apprentice office via mail or email. Transcript and application BOTH needed to qualify for aptitude test.
Prior to applying: please check the jurisdiction map before applying as you must live in Local 743’s jurisdiction to be potentially selected as an apprentice in the Reading Joint Apprenticeship Program. Click on “About” at the top of this page and drop down to jurisdiction map, enter your home address and make sure you reside within the shaded area.
You may apply online prior to the intake dates; however, applications will not begin processing until December 2023. Your application is not complete until the apprentice office also receives your school transcript indicating a passing grade in algebra (college, high school or GED are acceptable transcripts). Please note transcripts will need to be provided each time you apply for the apprenticeship, apprentice office does need keep previously submitted transcripts if you were not previously selected.
- ***Please check the jurisdiction map before applying as you must live in Local 743’s jurisdiction to be potentially selected as an apprentice in the Reading Joint Apprenticeship Program. Click on “About” at the top of this page and drop down to jurisdiction map, enter your home address and make sure you reside within the shaded area.
THERE ARE THREE (2) WAYS TO APPLY:
- Click on Apply Now, read the pre-requisites for applying and at the bottom of the page click on Download Application to Complete and Submit Online. Upon completion hit submit button; this will automatically send your application to the Apprentice Office and you will receive an automatic confirmation of receipt email.
- Click on Apply Now, read the pre-requisites for applying and at the bottom on the page click on Download Application to Print and Complete by Hand. Upon completion please return your application to the Apprentice Office, 20 Morgan Drive, Reading, PA 19608, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the physical location in the “Applications Drop-Box”. The drop-box is located in the vestibule inside the first door of our main entrance.
- Reminder: You must provide this office with an official transcript (high school, college, GED) indicating a passing grade in algebra, if transcript is not received your application will be archived and not processed.
- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook, the number of construction and extraction occupations is expected to grow 11 percent before 2026. The time to join IBEW 743…
IBEW Local 743 Electricians employed by Pagoda Electrical are currently constructing a 70,000 square feet state of the art cancer center adjoined to the current Lancaster General Hospital campus at…
Recently, a new style of thermal collector was built and installed at Penn State Berks. The first of its kind in our area, this thermal collector was wired by IBEW…