Thank you for your interest in IBEW 743 JATC apprenticeship program.
We are currently working on a new application form (please do not fill out the one currently on this site) … please check back the end of the first week of November. You will be able to complete the application on-line and submit or print it out to write on. Stay tuned!!!
The prerequisites to apply for IBEW 743/NECA Electrical Training Alliance are:
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Provide official transcript (high school, college, GED) indicating passing grade in algebra. If a person does not provide their transcript, their application will be put into the archives and processing will be put on pause.
- Be a high school graduate (or graduation pending within year on intake) or have passed the GED
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Make a qualifying score on the aptitude test (which should be complete on a date before application intake).
Requirements of the Inside Electrical Apprenticeship Program:
- Must possess a laptop for classroom and homework assignments.
- Five (5) year program with classroom training
- 8,000 hours on-the-job training
- Classes meet 3 hours per night for 2 nights each week for a minimum of 200 hours per school year. (Please note: there is potential for some mandatory Saturday classes/assignments)
- Mandatory registration fee ($150) and to purchase school books each year (varies by school year).
- Pass a urine drug screening (UDS) upon selection into the apprenticeship program.
Complete application and transcripts are due 30 days from application intake date. You must have your high school and/or state furnish this office with an official transcript/GED. If transcript/GED is not received your application will be put into the archives and processing will be put on pause.
It is your responsibility to contact this office to be sure the transcripts and application have been received. Preferred method of contact is email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is mandatory for High school students applying prior to graduation to submit their current transcript for consideration into the program.
Aptitude Tests – Those applicants who have submitted their transcript within the 30 day deadline will receive a notification by mail to come in for an aptitude test – date TBA. The aptitude test covers general reading comprehension and math.
Please note there is an aptitude test fee: There is no fee to apply, however, those applicants who qualify for the aptitude test (by submitting their transcript by the due date) will pay mandatory a $22 processing fee for the aptitude test. Payment must be submitted the morning of the test in the form of cash or check made payable to IBEW LU 743 Rdg Joint Apprenticeship (we can stamp your check the morning of if preferred). If payment is not complete, you will not be allowed to take the test. We do not accept credit cards.
Voluntary math and reading comprehension courses are available online at www.ElectricPrep.com. Electric Prep offers a refresher course for a fee to review the key mathematical and reading comprehension skills associated with the trade. The refresher courses are optional, in other words, not a requirement.
Notification after all documents received. After obtaining a qualifying score on the aptitude test you will be notified by mail of an interview date with the committee.
Change of address. Information concerning the status of your application, after the reception all documents, will be provided only by mail; therefore, you must notify this office of any change of address.